Monday, December 16, 2013

Christmas!

Hi, Well I like to talk about being in the spirit of Christmas. I am really into it this year probably because I am not thinking about cancer and worrying about chemo like I was last year. All I am thinking about is having a wonderful Christmas and sharing it with my loving family. There is someone I am thinking about at this time and that is my grams she loved Christmas so much and her birthday was on December 28th. She is very missed. It's funny soon after Thanksgiving I start thinking of who I can buy for and that is when the shopping starts. Poor Mark he needs a second job just to pay for me shopping for everyone. I have to admit I do shop a lot for our children buy them little gifts want them to have a nice Christmas. It just gets me in the spirit of Christmas when I think of others. Isn't that what the holidays are all about other people and thinking about them? At least the kids I bought Connor's friend a gift plus his two sisters, mom and dad couldn't leave out the parents. I bought his other friend Willie something too. Then I bought Connor's girlfriend Amber a gift plus her two sisters and the mom. Warms my heart to do that and makes me feel the spirit of Christmas. I plan on buying my mail man I a gift as well. I think you are suppose to give money, but I want to buy him something nice. Haven't figured it out yet. It will come to me. Yeah it sure would be nice to have a house full of family and friends this year sure would have enjoyed that, but all my friends and family live in California. No I haven't made many friends here, sure there are people that I know here and like, but there is nothing like my good buddies in California that could never be replaced. I miss you and you know who you are. I would even love to share this Christmas with my mother-in-law Betty, but she isn't able to travel at this time. A huge thank you to my sister-in-law Kathleen for helping grandma and Bev. Well we had a scare there a couple of weeks ago with Connor fainting. He had some kind of bug, but also dehydrated and lack of sleep. He is fine now, but still thinks about it, it really scared him. Let's just say he drinks plenty of water and gets his rest. You know it could have been the flu shot that made him sick. That was a month ago, but maybe it made him ill it just took time to get a reaction from it. That is just a theory because all Connor's blood work came back great. I am just so glad he is okay because that scared me so much to see your son turn white and faint in your arms. I am so glad I was here and it wasn't at school. God is looking out for my little man. Praise God. So now that is behind us we still keep a close eye on Connor. Brenna was worried about Connor too her big brother and all. I feel so blessed to have my children. I am one happy mommy. Gosh I just don't want my kids to grow up I want them to stay little for a long time. One day they will be all grown up and then I'll get to have grandchildren not rushing it, but I see how happy my friends are that have grandchildren and it must be a special feeling. One day it will happen. In the meantime we'll celebrate this wonderful Christmas and count our blessings. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!! Net

1 comment:

  1. It is hard to see your kid's grow up to be young adults. It is the most amazing feeling in the world to see it unfold. Not saying that I've not said it many times tthat my kids grew up in a blink of an eye. All my children are adults and I have two beautiful grand daughters and want more. Had I thought the other day about wanting to be a stay at home Grammy. It just might happen. God is telling me something and I just need to let Go and let God. So hard to let go and let him guide me. Love reading your post Net. Been spreading the word about class reunion. ♥

    ReplyDelete