Friday, April 18, 2014

Healing

Hi! It's been a while since I wrote on my blog. To tell you the truth haven't felt like much of anything especially writing. I found out it was my thyroid making me feel sluggish and lethargic. I still do for the most part, but making my way into life again. Yeah my thyroid panel shown that I was on the low side so they gave me medicine to get me back in the swing of things so here I am writing about it. I really can't say when it started feeling tired and sleeping a lot, it must have been in February because I wrote on my blog in January so all was doing pretty good then. In away I feel like when I was back having surgeries and trying to recoup from them. That is the best way I know how to describe this tired feeling I have going on right now. I do hope the medicine starts to take affect so I can start feeling like doing things again. I am going to try and go back to work still working on that. I have a job coach and I get to work at City Hall soon for a evaluation to see if I even want to work again. Once I feel better I know I will want to work out side the home. Well I started the live strong program at the YMCA that will be good for me. It's for cancer survivors so that is me fighting my way through the cancer still. I sometimes forget I had cancer and just keep going on with life. We had a CLIMB reunion the program in which my kids went to when I had treatment. It was a good time and the kids really enjoyed themselves. We made a family mosaic to celebrate life. We wrote all the bad things that went along with cancer on our frame then covered them up with our art work. We look forward to when we get it back. You know I went back to RB the last week of March and it was an okay time, but to tell you the truth I was so tired didn't have the greatest time then. All my friends said I felt down and my mother said I was in slow motion. I didn't get to see everyone I wanted to see either it was pretty much lack of just being tired. Of course we know now it was my thyroid acting up. I didn't know it was that until I got back from the trip. I am surprised I drove that long trip since feeling so blah glad God got us there and back. Well the kids are doing well they are involved in some fun things this year. Brenna is taking piano lessons and Connor is playing baseball. It's fun to watch the kids learn something new. I have to say my husband is on them pretty good when it comes to the sport and lessons. He didn't have his father help him when he was young so he is making sure he helps his children. Mark was a little bummed out tonight I didn't have dinner ready for anyone tonight and I think he was hungry. I made something for the kids, but nothing for Mark and I. Then Brenna wasn't practicing the piano and Mark was at his wits end. He says he never catches a break not sure exactly what he is talking about really because he has us so that is all that matters right?! I am kind of irritated with my husband because we haven't been on a date for a very long time. We don't have a regular babysitter so it's best I try and get one huh?! Our 12th anniversary is coming up next weekend and we don't have anything planned. It's pretty sad if you ask me. I was going to ask a friend to watch the kids, but her mother is going to be in town so that is out. So I guess we won't be doing anything exciting that evening. We usually go some where fun on our anniversary go some where and spend the night or go to Las Vegas that was a fun time. I have to say the last few anniversaries have been a bust. It doesn't help when all your friends/mom live in another State and grandma is laid up from back surgery. I need to make more friends in this area I tell you what. I have some friends, but there not like my home girls in California. No one can replace them that is for sure. I even got my good friend Steve back into my life that is great news. He and I go way back when I played little league. We have stayed friends throughout the years and it's great to have him back in my life again. Sometimes I wish I could move back to California I think my life would be a whole lot different and more upbeat if I had my friends around me more. I also could help my mother with my ill brother Jeff. Lord knows she needs the help with him. He is very sick and needs 24 hour care. Who knows maybe one day I'll find myself back in California one never knows. Until then I'll make the most of it here in Idaho. Some good news Mark is thinking about graduating early in November instead of next March. Yeah that will be so exciting for him. It's been a tough battle for him and the kids and I. We don't see him very much he has to study on the weekends and it takes up a lot of his time. In the long run it will pay off then he plans on going for his Master's degree so very proud of him. Keep up the good work honey you are a hero working full-time and going to school overtime. We Love you even though you get on my nerves sometimes but that what husbands do it's all good as my brother would say. More later~ net

No comments:

Post a Comment