Saturday, May 18, 2013

Friendship!

Hello! This time a late night entry on the ole' blog. We just got back from a 2 hour drive. What we do for our kids. We went to a birthday party yeah we drove that far, it was for our son's best friend Amber. They known each other since Kindergarten they just love each other so much it's a real bond there. Friendship is to be cherished. I know that I am loving my new friendships it feels good to have friends. I have a new friend in Melinda she is a total sweetheart. She helps me clean my house when I am laid up and just is a very kind person. I am very blessed to have her as my friend. Well I went and got an infection on my left side of where my incision is. It's called cellulitis it's kind of painful to the touch it's no fun. I just hope it doesn't get too serious where I have to be hospitalized. I am taking anti-botics for it to help take care of the infection. I sure hope they work. I want to be well for my vacation coming up in June. My mom told me it's only like 20 days or so WOW!! The kids and I are going to have so much fun can't wait!! I plan on taking them to Whiskeytown lake maybe a couple of times we'll see, I know at least once. They will love it so much got to make a list and bring shovel and pail..LOL for Brenna she loves playing in the sand on the beach. Connor he'll be in the water for sure splashing around like a fish. They both are looking forward to the trip they say they can't wait to go to California. I just hope the road trip is a good one. I'll for sure bring the IPads that might help the time pass by faster for them. I am excited to see everyone especially after having the chemo and double mastectomy want to be surrounded by lots of love and positive energy. As I was writing my snail mail and sending out the flyers about my up coming Benefit I noticed that there is a lot of people I know in California. I just hope to see everyone if I can sure going to give it a shot. I might even get up to Folsom/Sacramento area to see some friends and family there we'll see how much I want to drive. I sent out flyers to my former doctor and my former employer and I asked them to possibly donate some items for the yardsale. I hope they do, it will help a lot. Who knows maybe they'll even come see me at the fundraiser that would be so awesome. Hey anything is possible! Well I hope it will be cozy at my mom's house when we come and stay. She bought us a new bed to sleep on and we are going to have our own room Yay! That will be really nice. Randy moved out into the garage he made it into a man cave..LOL Mom is working on the room for us to stay in. She says it's a chore because Randy has so much stuff, but they will get it done by the time we get there. It will work out I am sure. I call my mom just about every day to see how she is doing and also I want someone to talk to especially now with the cancer scare like to talk more than ever. You know when I get feeling kind of bad like not feeling good like pain or just feel crappy I get bummed out and get the blues and I sometimes feel like crying but I don't. Then something perks me back up and I am good to go again. This happened at a birthday party we went to last Friday night. I noticed a lot of people didn't even make eye contact with me or introduce themself to me. I didn't wear a wig so my bald head was blinding them..haha then I just felt bad and just sat on the chair yeah probably feeling sorry for myself to some degree, but I called my mom and felt better about things. I guess it's to be expected to feel the blues and just think geez it sucks that I got cancer. I haven't cried over my boobs being gone you know they were kind of too big anyway might of well let them go and take the weight off my chest. I know I use that a lot don't I? Well it's true they were very big and just a pain in the breast area not to mention the back too. Oh I fogot to say I got one of my drains taken out on Thursday. That is good news. I get the other one taken out on Tuesday. It will be very nice don't have to measure the fluid coming out of the Jackson Pratts. And won't have to carrying them around every where. It will be such a relief off my chest. Well I have been making my journals for the yardsale going to sell them for $5.00 dollars and for everyone one I sell I make one for the cancer care center here in Idaho. I want to give back to other women who are fighting for their lives. I think having a journal would be a nice touch of happiness. I am big on journal writing duh I like to blog that is like a journal. I think it helps me cope with all that is going on with the cancer and other things. I love writing so it keeps me going towards the positive. That is what I need right now is being very positive. So grateful I am NOT in a depression I couldn't handle that and having cancer too. That would be truly the pits. So I am very proud of myself for keeping my spirits up and thinking positive throughout this whole ordeal. My journey. It's going and it's going to get better. Good news my hair is coming back in. I am loving it too. Also the silver lining is that I believe all my hair is coming back even in the back. Years ago having the radiation treatments it made my hair not come back in, but this time I think it is, wow! I can have a full head of hair that would be so nice. Well I'll keep reporting about the new hair growth it will be nice if more comes out for when I make it to Cali I am sure a whole lot more will be coming out by then. I went and bought me some shampoo that helps with thinning hair I am hoping it works well. We'll soon see. Well it's just about past my bedtime. I think I will close for now and write more later~ Thank you! net

No comments:

Post a Comment