Sunday, April 28, 2013

Feeling Chipper!

Hello everyone I am glad to say the surgery was a success. I am doing well at home just plugging along with the family feels good to get up and move around. I was moving around a half an hour after recovery so proud of myself. The nurse came in to tell me we were going to have a goal to get up at 5pm, but I got up at 2:15 pm not bad huh? I surprised myself at how well I was feeling and how chipper I was after surgery. Could have been all the drugs maybe. I was glad to move around though and by 5 pm I was actually up and walking the halls in the hospital. Mark was nervous about the surgery so he didn't make any calls to anyone, so they were waiting for a call. So when I called people weren't expecting me to call I was glad I did though loved talking to everyone. I had to call my mom first of course she was so happy to hear from me and said I sounded pretty good. I posted how I was feeling on Facebook right away as well to let other family and friends know. When I did get into my room Mark had a gift for me some note cards and a coin pink ribbon coin very pretty. I didn't write in my journal the whole time in the hospital I mostly made phone calls and talked to family and friends. It cheers me up a whole lot to talk to someone. I did a lot of talking to my nursing staff they were all so very nice. I was up every two hours so they had to take care of me I didn't mind good for me to talk it out as well. When I first saw that I was flat chested it shocked me. I lost 11 lbs of weight off my chest. The doctor said it was a good 25 lbs he might have been kidding me actually now that I think about it. I wish it was 25 lbs need to lose some weight bigtime! Mark went home and brought the kids to see me at the hospital. Mark was so tired he woke up with me at 3:30 am on that Monday morning so it was now about 4 pm he drives home to get the kids then they stay until about 7pm then drives home again. He was a tired guy, but stayed up until 10pm that night. It was lovely to see the kids they seemed to be okay with everything. I believe as long as mommy is doing well then things will be fine. They went to school like things are normal as possible and they seem to be doing totally AOK. I ask them if they have any questions about surgery or anything that is on their mind. Sometimes they have a question so I answer them to the best of my ability. Well I came home on Tuesday afternoon felt tired, but in good spirits felt nice to be home, but I have to admit I like the hospital get to have someone take care of me. I rested when I got home from the hospital my mother-in-law was here to help me all week. I really appreciate the help from her. She really has been doing so much for us. I was getting along pretty well at home moving around pretty good. I had to watch out for my balance so mama brought me a cane so I wouldn't fall down. Eleven pounds is a lot of weight on your top part so had to be careful especially down steps. I did fine and was glad to be moving around the house so well. I did a lot of resting while at home in the morning I would take a nap after the kids went on the bus. It felt so good to sleep. I would then wake up and mama would have some lunch started for me. We would eat lunch and talk. One day I had to buy Mark an anniversary card so we hopped in the car and we went down to the Family Dollar Store. I ended up buying a few other items for the kids two books and snacks they loved it. It was nice getting outside and feeling that sun on my body. I loved it when the kids got home from school I actually walked to the bus stop as well and picked up the kids with mama. I think they enjoyed that a lot. The bus driver Carol thought I was a strong woman she said "when I grow-up I want to be just like you." she is cute. Loved seeing my babies off the bus. They come home and play games or watch T.V. that was okay with mommy they needed some down time. Well I am still doing pretty good it's almost been a week tomorrow will be a week since surgery. I am still feeling chipper and hopeful of the future. Mark and I celebrated our 11th wedding anniversary Saturday it was a nice day together with the whole family. We went shopping which was nice to do that having the money now. Mark got to buy things he hasn't in a long while like some shirts for work. He has been going to home depot getting some plants and some items he needs for the garden. It's nice to see Mark feeling good about things. He has been so overwhelmed the last 6 months with our house in Cambridge and financial situation it's been a real hardship on Mark. I felt so bad for him and then his wife is ill on top of that. Poor guy he kept saying "they have a padded room with my name on it some where." Then on top of all this his mom kept having her troubles so that made it hard on Mark too. Well things are going pretty good so far so good. I am in some pain so I take my pain medicine which helps a lot thank goodness for them. I take a half of one most times sometimes I take a whole one if I think the pain is going to be worse. It's time for another pain medicine by the way. So I think I'll close for now. Thank you all for the support it's been interesting for me. I am so happy chemo is over now I can get back to life again and feel good. I am cutting back on my intake of food so working on losing weight as well. Oh when I got home I saw the scars and I felt some saddness of losing my breast, but what really bothers me the most is all the back fat I have it looks like Frankinstien it doesn't look good at all. I am mad at myself for letting myself gain so much weight. I am ashamed of myself for letting myself go for so long. I am worth it to take care of myself and I do plan to do that now that I am getting better. Thank you again! Annette

No comments:

Post a Comment