Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Getting Energy Back

Hello, Wow a good day yesterday didn't feel like sleeping all day that is good for me. I cleaned my daughter's bedroom yesterday and felt normal what a great feeling! Today I didn't go right to sleep after putting the kids on the bus. I got to say this is very good for me. I even feel good to write on my blog Yay for no more chemo!!! So what is next is the bilateral mastectomy April 22nd. I am nervous about the surgery, but I met a lady at Costco that went through a double mastectomy herself. She came up to me and asked if I was bald under my hat. She said she was bald three years ago and had the mastectomy also. I got all her info so I can keep in touch with her about the mastectomy. It helps to have someone to talk to about all this. I have joked about my breast how big they are they are about 40 lbs a piece well it sure does feel like it..LOL Also I'll have 6 million dollar breast once the reconstruction is done. They can rebuild them they have the technology..bahaha. Yes going to have reconstruction I'll have perky breast again and smaller size. I am going to feel so strange with no breast it's going to be weird it kind of freaks me out a bit. I think I am going to have Mark take a picture of my breast just to have a picture of them because it is hard to think that they will soon be cut off. It will be hard to lose my breast just writing about it now makes me feel scared to lose my breast. I have had them now for 47 years so I have grown very fond of them. The reason why I am doing this is because I don't want radiation treatment and there is an 80% chance of getting breast cancer again. I just have to do this to prolong my life. Also if I don't do the mastectomy I will have to have a mammagram every 6 months and an MRI every year. Have you had an MRI on your breast oh man I barely fit in the machine it's the worst 35 minutes ever. I guess I shouldn't really say that for others that have to go through this. I am sorry, but I did get through it it's just tough process. You can do it!! Well I am going to close for now and get busy having some energy. Yay!! I do want to take a few mintues to think about all the victims of the Boston Marathon my prayers are with the families and friends. more later!

No comments:

Post a Comment