Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Some Good News!!

October 23,2012

 I saw the surgeon yesterday. It was a good visit more informed about how serious this breast cancer is.  It freaks me out pretty much.   My doctor thinks it's best that I have the partial removal of the breast.  I think I agree with him too.  He was saying something about that the breast tissue would not get blood supply if I possibly had the mastectomy because my breast are so large.   Yeah I am a 46 DDD.  I am pretty big.  He also wants me to see the oncology doctors Thursday before we figure this out because since I had full-body radiation years ago he thinks I might not be able to have radiation again and if that is the case then we would do the mastectomy.   It has been about 15 years since the radiation so maybe I can have it now?!   I don't know right now.  This totally blows it ruins a lot of my plans right now.  I am still going to do them though, but this is a detour I didn't want to take.   My goal is to finish my degree in two years get my bachelor's degree in Health care Administration.   Also lose weight those are two of my biggest goals.   I have to say my husband and many people around me very positive.  My husband Mark believes we are going to get through this just fine so does my mother Jeanne.  Now all I have to do is believe it too. Which I do, but sometimes my mind goes there and I know it shouldn't do that.   The great news is the doctor believes it is in stage 1 so that is great news I caught it in time.  I am a little nervous about having surgery, but they'll take good care of me.  We didn't make the surgery schedule yet because have to talk to the oncologist first, but soon after that we'll make the appointment then.   I will have to close now going for my massage.  Yep taking care of myself.  More Later~

No comments:

Post a Comment