Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Port placement

Hi! Well my port is put in not happy about it, but has to be done for when I have Chemotherapy on January 9, 2013. Yeah going to have chemo before having the ovaries taken out. That is the plan thus this far. I am doing pretty well not as tired as I was when I had the lumpectomy. Of course I haven't had much pain meds either. I want to keep my wits about me right now. I just don't want to feel tired and loopy. Those pain pills sure do make one feel high. Well I am happy to know I am having the chemo after Christmas so that is good news, but it's going to happen so that is the bad news. I know, one day at a time right now. I think I am just thinking the worst of chemo and it may not even be that bad. I have to keep thinking positive so I can get through it. Well today for the video diary I said man my life has changed. So many appointments so many more people I have met. I have met some great people too. All the doctors, nurses, social workers, group members and counselors it's been unreal how wonderful they have been to my family and I. I really appreciate it so much how kind everyone is to us. I have to admit that there are times that I do think about my life and if I am going to survive. I guess that goes with the territory. Cancer scare isn't a good thing no matter how you look at it. I am going to do my best to fight like a girl with all my heart and soul. Right now I have a friend who is having a hard time with depression I know I've been there and I am thankful for at the time I am not in a depression. I do feel bad for my friend though. I think man I am now fighting for my life and my friend is thinking of taking his. It makes me sad to hear him like this right now. All I can do is to be there for him, but it's possible that he could bring me down with him at this critical time in my life. I have to be careful right now I am at a vulnerable state at this time of my life. I don't want to be sad and depressed right now I need to be upbeat for myself and my family. I want to live life to the fullest that is all I have right now to live life as best I can. I plan to do just that too have a good Christmas and a Happy New Year!! I am praying for my friend to get well soon. He deserves to be happy just wish he wasn't going through it right now when I am actually needing him at this time. I need all the support I can get right now and if I can get it from friends that means a lot to me. I will take it where ever I can get it at this time. I am grateful to all those that are supporting me through this challenging time. Thank you!! I do hope to give back what has be giving to me. I'll do that once I get healthy. Oh I decided to take a break from college. Yeah I was going to school, but after talking to my husband I think it's best I take a break. I know I want to go into the medical field so I plan to do that once I am doing well and ready to get back into College. It will be nice not having to worry about College right now just concentrate on being healthy. That is going to be a full-time job as it is. Need to watch what I eat while in therapy. I am doing research right now about what to eat and how to take care of myself. I am reading the book "When Cancer Hits" It's a book about what to do for oneself when going through treatment. I am glad I found it, it's been a big help for me so far. Wow I do feel good about no College it's like a weight has lifted off my shoulders. I wasn't sure how I was going to do it with chemo because who knows how I am going to feel with that. Okay well I believe it's time for me to hit the bed now. I'll write more later~ Net

No comments:

Post a Comment