Monday, February 18, 2013

My Kids

Hello! Well I was miss informed the Astroid already passed us on the 15th silly me. I guess we are safe for now. Well today is the day I pick up my friend Rosa from the airport so excited to see her. This will be the first time someone from California has come to see me. Totally cool! We will have a great time together at least for a couple of days, then the chemo will kick in and kick my butt. That is okay I got this though going to fight all the way until it's over two more treatments that is all. I am going to tease the doctor on Wednesday and say let's just call it good doc and quit now. I might get a laugh out of him I hope. It would be better if he said yeah let's us be done now. What a great wish that would be. Well I am excited that it's my birthday love my birthday it's fun to celebrate it especially now. My husband was sweet and said what am I going to get you for your birthday. I told him the massage is enough he said that was for Valentine's day I said no you can combine them. He doesn't like that too well. Hey it saves us money too. Well I get to see my great-uncle John today he lives in Boise. It will be nice to visit him he is a very kind man. He is my gram's brother. He is so kind and thoughtful he said he wants to help me when he needs help himself. We can help each other that is what we'll do. Well my ankle to bothering me for some reason don't think I did anything to it, it must be old age..LOL It will make it hard to walk with Rosa she loves to walk. I'll get by some how. Well have I told you how much I love my children? Connor is growing up to be such a fine young man so loving and kind very sweet boy. My daughter is funny and has a roar like a little Leo the lion. Got to love little girls. I'm so proud of them they are going to the CLIMB program and really enjoying it a lot. The other day my son asked the counselor "do we have to talk about our feelings." I thought that was so cute. I tell them all the time they can talk about their feelings to the counselor, but Connor says somethings are private mom. I respect his feelings. They had a tour of the radiation room and Connor was full of questions for the doctor. They all know he is going to be a scientist. Brenna on the other hand is a little bit shy so she'll speak up a little later. I am so grateful for the program it is such a blessing. The kids are also excited about Rosa coming too. They ask when she will be here. They love friends like mommy does. I over heard Brenna talking the other day and she told Connor that she liked her school here. I think that is great so I think we should stay put for a while, sure moving back to California would be ideal for me to be close to family and friends, but we have to do what is best for the kids right now. I don't want to up root them now. They need their friends at a time like this. My kids go to an all boy class and an all girl class. I think it's working out very well too. They seem to like it a lot. My son wants me to talk about cancer in his class. I am thinking about doing it with the help of my friend/counselor Lesa. I'll talk to her about it this Wednesday. I really want to do this for my boy so he will get a better understanding of cancer. He likes my bald head a lot. I asked them if they wanted me to wear a wig to get Rosa at first Connor said yes, then said no mom don't wear anything, but little Brenna said mom bring a wig in case. I want to make them happy so I'll do both. Well Mark seems to be doing a little better he has had some good times this weekend we are talking more in the morning hours about how things are going with him. He will be talking to Lesa soon too. I hope that goes well for him. I told him to be straight forward and talk about his feelings. He just rolled his eyes at me. Men! you can't beat their feelings out of them or can you? Mark is so logical it's a little bizarre he needs to shed those layers down and get to some deep seeded issues. I know he has them deep down because he has a lot of anger that comes from some where it could be that he didn't have his father around while he was growing up. His brother dying very young and Mark had to carry that burden around all his life. They weren't really allowed to talk about it the mom was quiet about the cancer. Mark will work it out I am sure and it will be good for him to talk. Well it's 6 am I should get back to bed need some rest have a big day today. More later~ net

No comments:

Post a Comment