Monday, November 19, 2012

My Daughter Brenna

Hello, I had to share this story about what my daughter did for me. As I laid on the bed to rest my daughter was doing her every day wiggles so I asked her to draw a picture. She asked me what I wanted a picture of. I told her to make anything she wanted. So she said to me "how about a picture of you bald mommy." I said that is fine honey, so she came back to the bed with a beautiful picture of me with no hair. Then she took it back and then I had a hat on my head, then I had feathers on my head, it had to be three feathers. I think it was great that she was drawing her feelings. I thought she must be thinking about me going bald. It must sit in her mind in order to want to draw me with no hair. I decided tonight that there is someone I can take to my "Feel Good Look Good class" and I am going to take my daughter Brenna. I think she would love that mommy gets all this new make-up and she can see other woman there with no hair and they are beautiful. I am looking forward to the class it really makes a woman feel beautiful during their treatments. I got to go to one class when I had the treatment of radiation for the rare skin disease back in 1996. It's such a nice gift to receive all the make-up and have someone apply it to your face. People are so sweet to give to that cause. Well my feelings of being broken have subsided, but my left heel is huring so that is another thing that bothers me. I am not sure if it's the extra weight on me that makes my heels hurt or if it's something else. I should go to a foot doctor to get it checked out. Just another thing to think I am broken. Okay I'll stop already. On a good note looking forward to Thanksgiving going to have the fixings and the turkey bird too. I got the turkey from the American Cancer society with five pounds of potatoes. I was real appreciatative of the turkey it does help when times are tough. Oh today at my doctor's appointment for the stress test. I told the gal there that I had breast cancer and she said she doesn't get checked very often and then she tells me her mom had breast cancer...that shocked me she doesn't get checked for it. My mom has never had it and I did get checked. I have to share this you know I might have known I was going to get breast cancer because I had a dream back when I was pregnant with my daughter. Yeah I dreamed it was in the right breast and it was all over the breast too. A few days later I asked my doctor a great guy Dr. Phelan that I had a bad dream of breast cancer and needed to have a mammogram, he said I couldn't get one because I was pregnant at the time. Now that I have breast cancer that dream haunts me. My dreams have told me a lot about my health. I even dreamt about radiation as well. I guess my dreams get me prepared for what is coming next. I am not sure if I am prepared for this, but maybe it will help once going through treatments..we'll soon see. Well it's time to put the kids to bed so I better close for now. Here is wishing you a wonderful evening and I'll write more later~ net

1 comment:

  1. keep fighting Nette, and have a really good day! we all love you! :D

    ReplyDelete