Saturday, November 24, 2012

Thanksgiving

Hi everyone! I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I had a very nice day with my family and mother-in-law Betty. Mark takes care of the Turkey and I made the mashed potatoes and green bean casserole. Mark made some fried potatoes for the kids did they eat them NO. Kids you got to love them. We had such a good dinner. Bren set the table for us. She loves doing that. It's good for her to do that it's a tradition now. What I wanted to do for the kids this year was to make creative things for Thanksgiving. So we went to the Michael's for some crafts the night before. Yeah I thought it would be so busy, but it wasn't. So Connor bought a weather station kit and brenna bought some more paint and a Christmas ornament. She also wanted to make some jewelery so we bought her a kit. She made a bracelet for her friend Molly and her. They are so cute too. I did some coloring with the Mandala. It helped to relax me. I proud of my son he even did one and finished it. Mark did one as well. I want to frame them, but got to thinking I haven't seen any round frames. Hey I have something going here. Mark can make some for me. He is in wood working so he can make them for me. Well I've been telling Mark some of the things I want for Christmas, he tells me to write them down. Now to remember what I want. I want the usually things like pjs, journals, stationary. I told him I wanted something new this year, but can't remember what it is. hmmm I'll think of it. I do want a new sweater and a wallet. I lost mine on the day of my biopsy that wasn't good. It was a mess trying to get all my cards again. What a pain it was calling everyone to replace everything. Well it's done now so all is better. Well as for me dealing with the cancer I've had some bad days and some anxiety at night. I had some bad dreams of surgery just get worried at times. I guess it goes with the territory. It's normal to be a little worried. I don't like waking up in the middle of the night with my heart racing and having bad dreams. I woke Mark up the other night to tell him my bad dream. He was supportive and told me to just relax. I hadn't had my xanax for a few days so I got it now and feel much better. I took it last night and slept so good. I didn't have any bad dreams thank goodness. I'll take it when I get some anxiety from now on. So grateful to have my medicine it does help so much. Well my mom and my friend Rosa are coming to see me after surgery. They'll be here on the 3rd of December so grateful for the help. I'm going to need it with the kids. They still need to go to school and not sure if I'll be up to taking them in the car they might have to ride the bus in the morning and in the afternoon. We'll see. It will be so nice to see my mom and friend so glad they are coming. I think we'll have a small Christmas together when they are here. The kids will love it. I have a great gift for my mom and Rosa so would love to give it to them when they are here. It would be a special time together that is for sure. I hope they like the idea. I am sure they will it would be fun. I made an appointment for my massage for Tuesday the day before surgery. I can't wait for that day. I love massages so much one of my most favorite things. I plan to have another massage after surgery as well. My massage therapist says it really does wonders for healing. Well it's time to go and relax now. I wish you all well and thank you for the prayers and postitive thoughts. More later~

No comments:

Post a Comment