Saturday, January 26, 2013

Bald is Beautiful!!

Hi! Well I did it I shaved my head, well actually a lady named Barbara did. She is from my support group and does hair for a living. I was fine with it today was actually glad that my old hair is off feels good. My hair was so stringy and thin it looked bad. I think I look better bald. I was concerned on how the kids would take it, but they did pretty well I was impressed. At first Connor didn't want to see me, but he was giggling when he turned his head. He looked and said wow mom it's a nice buzz cut. My daughter seemed to be okay with it, she didn't say anything about the bald head though. I did tell them if they needed to talk about it just let me know and we'll talk about my bald head. The bad thing though was when I was getting my hair done my back started to hurt really bad. I think it's the bone marrow shot. Man did it hurt BAD!! It was hard to drive home too. I came home and just laid on the bed moaning in pain. It got better about an hour later. I should have taken one of my pain killers, but I didn't. I feel for people who have bad backs. I think what I'll do next time is take my pain killers as soon as I feel the little ache and hopefully it won't get so bad like it did today it felt like a ten on the scale of pain...ten being the worst. Boy I am not looking forward to the next round of chemo or that bone marrow shot. I'll stock up on my pain killers for sure. I wonder if I should get some marijana too? I could ask my doctor for some. He seems pretty hip on things like that, wouldn't hurt to ask. If I did get some I probably shouldn't smoke it around the kids just smoke it when they are at school or something like that. I couldn't bake brownies because they would want some so that is out. Maybe I'll just stick to my pain killers. I am looking forward to the acupucture on Monday that may help my back too. Well I haven't much felt like doing housework lately, but it's still clean around the house, but it takes a lot of effort to do the cleaning. I think sometimes I spend too long on Facebook chatting. I also do my blog too. I have to keep up on the coping skills and housework isn't one of them..LOL I am keeping up with writing in my journal as well. I still write snail mail letters to my friends so that keeps me busy too. I love getting mail, but people don't seem to write letters as much any more, but I am not complaining I love writing still so I do it because I love it. I really like keeping in touch lately. I find myself calling people more now these days probably because of the cancer. Maybe part of me is a little lonely and don't want to be alone during this time. I am reaching out more this time it seems. I find myself just calling anyone on my contact list and hoping people will call me too or text me. I am thinking about doing some scrapbooking again keep me busy. I took a semester off from College because of the chemo so don't have that to occupy my time. I really need to do that scrapbooking again it's a lot of fun and Lord knows that I am behind with the kid's books. Now to just get organized with all my scrapbooking stuff that could take up some time for me..LOL A lot to do when it comes to organization around here. Okay I shouldn't say that mostly just my stuff. Mark is pretty organized so that is good. Oh as for Mark and my new look he seems to be okay with it too I guess he has to be, but he does want me to have a certain type of wig pretty much a long one. What is it with guys and long hair? They love it! Well I think I'll close for now my back seems to be hurting again. I better get those pain killers started and hit the bed. More later~ Net

No comments:

Post a Comment