Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Friends

Hi! Well I've had two really good days mentally and physically. I had more energy and felt like my old self again. I woke today at 7 am and made the kids breakfast then took them to school Boy was it a COLD ONE!! BRRRRRr I didn't even go back to bed and sleep...Yay me!!LOL That is pretty good for me. My husband stayed home from work today wasn't feeling good. I went to my chiropractor's appointment felt great to get adjusted. I heard it helps wonders for when you are in chemo therapy. Next week I am going to acupuncture I heard that helps a lot for chemo therapy as well. I've been to acupuncture before for neck pain and depression and it seemed to help me a lot. I am a sensitive person and it really works on me. I get really sleepy with it. I am looking forward to it next week. My second round of chemo is next Wednesday never be ready for that, but I'll keep a stiff upper lip and fight. Did I tell you I am going to do things differently this next time going to try and walk more and drink lots of water or something to keep me hydrated. I got a call from a gal from Angel care and she also had breast cancer and had all the treatments as well she said after a while she could not drink water she drank lemonade. I am thinking about buying the stuff at Costco that Fizz Up I think it's called. It has a lot of good stuff in it that might be better than just water for me. I'll ask my doctor about it or the nurse. Yeah I am going to do something different this next go around. Going to try and stay yuck free. ;-) Well you know I was thinking about doing that fundraiser well asking my aunt to do it for me, but she hasn't wrote me back about it yet. So I contacted a gal from High School and she is all for helping me get it off the ground that is so cool. She said she would be honored to help me. We can have it at a club in my hometown. That would be so awesome. We can really do a lot of fun things for the fundraiser I am excited about it. It's more like a big party than anything. I mean the funds would be so great help with all my medical bills that are rolling in little by little...Boo!! Anything would be so grateful right about now it's tough on my husband at this time, I feel for him. He is doing all he can to keep us a float, but the stress is wearing on him and me. Things will work out we got each other and that is all that matters right?! I've been so bad lately haven't done my video diary I know so bad it's a bummer when the camera breaks, but I can get it done and I should. I could be helping another person out there who is going through the same thing so I need to step it up. Oh I made a few phone calls today one to Cancer Care. I asked for some financial assistance and I am going to get $200 dollars from the Triple Negitive fund so that will help a lot. I also called Susan G. Komen foundation and they gave me more phone numbers to other agencies that help with financial assistance. My nurse navigator has an email out to a gal that helps with this type of burden when it comes to paying for bills. She also set me up with a gal from Angel Care who also went through breast cancer at the age of 45 it was nice to talk with her today. I get to meet her next week during the chemo appointment. She said she has a Komen bag for me that has some goodies in it. That is nice I love all the support I am getting these days from so many people. It will be nice to have more people there for me during treatment because it's not fun sitting there alone watching the medicine go in the IV. It's nice to talk to people. My husband is with me most of the time, but he probably feels like he should be at work. So this new support gal Lenae wants to help drive me to treatments. I thought that might help Mark not miss any work he is fine with it no matter what. It's not that I don't want him there just thought he would like to get things done at work. We'll see how it goes the next ones. I believe Rosa can take me on my third chemo treatment so that is good. It's going to be so nice her being here soon. It will be nice to be spoiled and have the help when I am not feeling well. Got to love those friends out there. Rosa is a true friend let me tell you. She was my maid of honor at my wedding and when I was very depressed she was the only one that took me out on the town and said we're going to have some fun. She is a special lady so happy she is in my life. Another good friend is Liz she calls or text me everyday to see how I am doing so sweet of her. I know she would be here too if she could be, soon after treatment I am going to see all my wonderful friends in California can't wait!! Another good person is Barbara who wants to get that fundraiser going for me. I am excited that she wants to help with it. I can't wait to talk the plans out with her. She has some good ideas too. I was thinking maybe have a yard sale, and have Karaoke that would be a lot of fun. I could get up and sing songs and people can give me tips..LOL that would be funny. I might get a few tomatoes in the face..LOL I really like looking into the future at times it keeps me positive and makes me happy to have something to look forward too, besides the down side of chemo. I know one is suppose to live in the present which I do, but getting this fundraiser off the ground makes me excited about the future. I just want to celebrate no more chemo man I can't wait for that day! When I am on my way to Cali that will be so cool. Then I'll know it's over, time to Parta people!! Mark and I talked about the mastectomy this evening. The pros are looking towards having it done. I still have time to think about it, but to tell you the truth I think I've made up my mind. I want to prolong my life and I think that would help me so much. I can wear the fake breast for a year and then get reconstuctive surgery. Man it's a lot to think about isn't it? I have to have those ovaries out as well. Okay one thing at a time right now and that is getting through this chemo. Well now it should be bedtime it's 12 midnight should be in bed, but wanted to have the quiet time for myself. I will turn in now and write more later~ Net

No comments:

Post a Comment