Friday, January 4, 2013

Housework? Not for me!

Hi, Wow cleaning the house takes a lot out of me. I feel kind of lazy to tell you the truth. I don't know why I do and don't feel like to clean the house. Oh don't get me wrong I love my house cleaned, but have a hard time just getting started. Once I do a little bit then I am tired. It's the pits. I decided that I want to be a better house keeper for the New Year. I am going to do something every day to keep the house up. I think that will help and if I do more hey that is great. I know this doesn't have anything to do with fighting breast cancer, but maybe it does have to fight the house work like going to fight the cancer. LOL Well you will be happy to know I cleaned the kitchen and vacuumed the floors. Yeah it took a lot out of me. Gosh laziness doesn't look good on me at all. I wonder if I just don't like doing house work? Yeah that is it. I want someone else to do it. Now when Mark starts cleaning I am all for it I get in the mood and I am a cleaning fool, but just me doing the cleaning it's a different story. Well now you know I am not the best house keeper. When I lived in Cambridge I had a gal clean the house for me it was great. She needed the help with funds and I needed help with the house. A win-win situation. I loved it too. One day we all took off to town now town from cambridge was about 2 hours away if you go to Boise. So when I came home the house was so cleaned it was so wonderful to have it so nice. Can you tell I miss my housekeeper? Well enough of the house work I'll get to it one room at a time. It's my New Year resolution it just has to be. I think Mark will be very happy to see the house nice when he gets off of work. Well I saw my surgeon yesterday and everything looks good the port and my breast it healed nicely. The bummer part is I have a huge decision to make he said and that is to either not do a double mastectomy or do one. You see I have that mutated gene that means I have about an 80% chance of having another breast cancer coming back. That is a lot of percentage not liking that. I have to make up my mind before having radiation and that is after chemo in April. I am not sure what I want to do. In away I think I want a double masectomy because that means don't have to worry about getting another breast cancer and I wouldn't have to do the MRI's every year. Did I mention they are very uncomfortable? I really don't want to cut off my breast either so I have time to think about it. I really don't like to make these decisions really it sucks! I believe I told you I also have to have my ovaries taken out as well. I guess it's a must in order to save my life. It's harder to detect ovarian cancer so they better come out because since the mutation gene I have a higher chance to get cancer now. It really bothers me I tell you. But like I said I am going to think positive about this and think about after all the surgeries and therapy and think yeah I can fight this. I just have to I have kids to raise, people to see and places to go. I am going to do it! I am looking forward to after treatment and it feels good to have a new mind set. I got a Christmas card from an old friend the other day, yeah didn't check my mail for a little while, but it was from a gal named Michelle and we go way back when I lived in Folsom. She is such a fun person and so upbeat and positive. I told her in my letter about what is going on with me. It will be nice to have more support and she would be just that, very good to me about all this. It was so nice to hear from her at a time like this. Thank you Michelle if you are reading this for contacting me. Your friendship means a lot to me. Well the kids are doing very well just having a good time as I write this. They are playing with the cat Callie. I love hearing them laugh so much it makes my soul so happy. I love to hear my children laughing and playing together. It looks like I am going to need to get ready for chemo soon yeah it's coming up next Wednesday...BOO!! Did you know you have to eat certain foods when having chemo. The nurses didn't tell me that I found it on breastcancer.com the best thing to eat your first treatment is pears, kewis and roasted almonds. I think I am going to live off soups and broth, fruits and not raw vegies, but cooked vegies. Oh and pudding, jello and some other gentle foods. I heard it's best not to eat what you really like on chemo because if you vomit you may not want it any more when feeling good. You know the nausea and vomiting doesn't bother me as much as all the other side effects. I think I wrote this in my last blog, but it's fever, chills, sweats, shortness of breath, diarrhea, constipation, sores in the mouth and all the other not so fun side effects. Let's keep positive about not getting those!! I talked with my nurse navigator about video taping my first chemo treatment. She said it should be okay so that is good I want to help other women. I know that my experience is mine alone and they might not have the same side effects, but just want to express myself and video tape my experience. I am finding out more and more people are watching my video diaries. So that is great it might be more fun to watch them than to read a blog. I do know people are reading my blog too so that is so nice thanks for reading my blog everyone. I appreciate the support a lot. Well it's time to get back on housework...BOO!! I really want the house cleaned before treatment and before the kids go back to school on the 7th of Jan. My husband's birthday that day too. I wish you all well and I'll write more real soon. More later~ net

No comments:

Post a Comment