Thursday, January 24, 2013

Fundraiser

Hi! Well today is the day a lot of my hair came out at once. So it's time to get my hair cut...shaved actually. Yeah going to shave my head because it's going to come out in clumps pretty soon since I have three more treatments. I am not too worried about the hair loss, but I do think about how it's going to effect my kids. They might not like mommy bald too much. Well maybe they'll like to rub my head when it's bald..LOL Another good thing about being bald is that I save a lot on hair products. I can't wait to get a nice wig soon. My husband saw a picture of me years ago and told me he wouldn't mind a wig like in the picture. My hair was shoulder length and straight it looked really nice then. Of course I just had a baby and all those hormones really made my hair look awesome. I hope my social worker can find a wig like that it sure would make me feel really good and my husband happy as well. Got to make the hubby happy too..;-) Well other than that I am doing pretty good feel a little normal feel better. I have a lot of energy as well, but still don't want to clean the house. Housework boo! I do a little bit everyday so it's not too bad and I get the kids on their rooms as well. I made my video diary the other night, but still have to download it to YouTube. When I watched it back you can tell that I am slow and look really tired. It could be because I have a different camera, but it just seems like I am in slow motion mentally due to the chemo I bet. Goes with the territory I suppose. So I'll get that up as soon as possible. I do plan to video my head shaving too. I asked my husband if he wanted to shave my head or if he wants me to get someone else to do it. He wasn't sure so I got this lady to do it for free she is in my support group. She cuts hair for a living. It works out great she doesn't charge anything for it. That helps out a lot. Well I am making the plans for the fundraiser in May making calls and trying to get it organized. I am not doing it myself I have help my friend Rosa is going to help me as well as Barbara so that is great. I sure hope a lot of Facebook friends will help me out it would be so nice to see my friends. It will be a celebration of finishing chemo too. You know how I love a party!! I am hoping my kids and husband could make it too. I want them to see how wonderful a community can come together for someone. That just gave me an idea. I just called the Chamber of Commerce in my hometown to see if they can help me with community support. It really helps me be positive when I think about the future sure I know live in the present, but it helps to have something to look forward to and seeing all my friends and family makes me happy. I sure am looking forward to my friend Rosa coming to see me. I believe I'll be in treatment during her stay so that will help me a lot. The kids are looking forward to Rosa coming too. They are like their mama they love friends. I do wish my mom can make it, but she is in a wheel chair right now she got hurt from her chiropractor and she can't walk now. He did something to her knee. So no traveling for her right now. Maybe she can make it for my last treatment in March. I just hope it goes as plan because if for one reason my white blood cells are too low then they can't do the chemo and that will put it out further. Let's hope that all will be okay on that. I just want to get it over with and done with. So come on white blood cells do your thing. I think the bone morrow shot will help that so it should be okay. Well the kids had a snow day today again the weather is crazy here in Idaho. BRRR Going to get the kids to do some homework now so I'll close. More later~ Net

No comments:

Post a Comment