Thursday, January 31, 2013

Round 2 of Chemo

Hi! Well I am up at 12:51 am just can't sleep probably due to having the steriods. The possiblity of the side effects of the chemo. I feel fine right now so I thought I better write in my blog this morning before the hard day comes soon. When I mean a hard day it's like an uncomfortable feeling like my head is in a vice and I feel confused like a bad trip on some drugs and it's not a high feeling either. Darn! well anyway also a part of me is very tired, but hard to sleep as well. So it's just strange the way I feel. I hope this explains it to some degree. I want to show you not tell you isn't that what I writer does? I wish I could really show you how it feels to be under the rath of chemo. I may find my words sometime for you. Bare with me. Well I got some great advice from my doctor today he wants me to take at least 2000 mgs of Vitamin D it helps my immune system and I am low in potassium so need to take some of that as well. I need to drink as much water or any type of drink that is good for me and drink at least 48 hours after chemo. So this is good for me to be doing while the effects of chemo happens. Like I said I am going to try a lot of different things this time around like not lie down as often get up and walk, make my own dinners, do more around the house and hopefully it helps with the fatigue. Well I sure don't have it now just feel wide awake right now. I think this happen to me before as well. I am going with it and just letting it happen because I want to write in my blog. It's also nice to have the peace and quiet, well some quiet the dish washer is going right now, but at least everyone is sleeping soundly. Well I got some great support today at treatment. I first talked to my counselor Lesa we cried, laughed, and cried some more. We did a lot of talking about every thing from finances, kids, husband and yes dying. Well my mother-in-law got me started on that one. When I was in the ER on Sunday she was saying how only God knows when it's are time up. I really didn't like hearing it made me feel strange, but it's true, but I am going to beat this with all my heart and fight like a girl. Well dying is in the back of my head I guess that goes with any type of cancer scare. My husband Mark was there. Lindsey my wig stylist was there and we had such a fun time choosing wigs. I got a reddish one and a beautiful bruette with highlights and it's shoulder length my hubby loves it and I got a short one for when it gets hot outside. We'll see if that will happen anytime soon. Yeah I got all brand new wigs for free that is so nice of Lindsey helping me out like that. I'll have them up on my video diary soon. Have a wig show..LOL I also had a nice lady from Angel care come visit me her name is Elaine we had a great talk for about an hour or so she is also a breast cancer survivor for 12 years now. She was such a joy to talk to. It's great to have such support during this time. I am totally relishing in the positive thoughts and prayers during this time. Thank you all for your support. So it was a great day with all the support I got. Next month I will have my next treatment the day after my birthday February 20th. The good thing is my friend Rosa will be here. Feel so blessed to have such a great friend in her. I told her now that I got my wigs we can go find a fun bar on my birthday and have a party. It will be a Tuesday night, but we'll get the party rocking..LOL So looking forward to my time with Rosa it will be so great. The kids are excited for her to be here as well. I am glad I will be feeling good for at least five days she is here so that is a good thing. Rosa plans to make me an ice cream cake that sounds so yummy can't wait the kids will love it as well. Okay so it's time for me to try and get some more sleep. I'll write more later~ net

No comments:

Post a Comment